Friday, February 10, 2017

Thoughts on Love

Today my students began writing about who they love and what they love, to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early. So in the spirit of embracing my inner author, here is what I love too!

My family is the center of my universe and the end all be all of my love. I have two teenagers that have redefined love in my life. I never imagined feeling love like a mother's love. There is the joyful love when they are just being wonderful or they accomplish their goals. Then there is that quiet heartbreak when you realize that they are growing up so fast before your eyes and the magical moments that make up a childhood are just flying by. Another love I never anticipated is that crushing love when your child makes a mistake and has to learn life's lessons, which just can be so painful.

My husband is pretty amazing and another fountain of love in my life. He is wacky, unexpected, and so much more calm than I can ever be. He is supportive, kind and the best partner for parenting. Mark also has the craziest sense of humor which I truly appreciate.

I can't write about love and leave out my puppies. Chip and Leilani are the sunshine in my day. I love that they follow me everywhere and I especially love that my tiny chihuahua snuggles up on my lap. They are my favorite furballs of love!

Valentine's Day is sometimes called just another Hallmark Holiday around our house. But I think taking a little time to cherish the people you care about is an excellent way to spend a day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! I also find that my puppies are the sunshine of my day. I notice that you used lots of visuals. I would love to see a photo of you with your puppies. Maybe, in the future, you could post your students' blog links. Do you have any other pets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oona,
      I also have some fish. My students' blogs can be found at the top of the page under Deep Thoughts from Room 125.

      Delete