Friday, March 3, 2017

#OPKind

Spending all day with students really does showcase a wide variety of behaviors. Sometimes the middle school mind doesn't always jump straight to the most kind response. But lately, we have been working on growing  a positive school climate and I really think it is making a big difference. Our art students did a bang up job creating some beautiful, bold statements about how we should treat each other. Our behavioral goals this quarter are focused on respecting one another, which really boils down to just being kind to each other.

I decided to make a list of the little kindnesses that my school community has shown me in the past few weeks.  It really is a fast growing list.....


  • Coffee from a friend for institute day
  • Support from my team on various student concerns
  • Candy that just showed up on my desk with a super sweet card (can you tell I love food?)
  • The Rocky Theme Song in the car from my favorite carpooling buddy
  • Applause from my class after a string of meetings kept me out of classes
  • Help moving all the supplies for scenery club
  • And more help moving all the supplies back when scenery was over
  • And then again the next day when we met for the second time in one week

After all these little kindnesses shown my way, it is certainly time to pay it forward! Looks like I've got some work to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment